A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy entertainment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Candy Crush’s Barbie game and Global Citizen Festival headliners.
NEW YORK, July 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the entertainment and media industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- BARBIE® and Candy Crush Saga Team Up for the Ultimate Pink-tastic Partnership, Creating a One-of-a-Kind Fantasy World for Players
Join the candified versions of talent from the film, including Barbie, as she begins her journey to the Real World through the Candy Kingdom. On their journey, players will embark on BARBIE Quests during the Winding Road Tour and collect limited-edition purple “B” candies to win rewards.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers and Ms. Lauryn Hill to Headline 2023 Global Citizen Festival
The free, ticketed event on Sept. 23 will drive urgent action to End Extreme Poverty NOW. Megan Thee Stallion, Conan Gray and Stray Kids are also set to perform.
- School of Rock AllStars to Embark on First Nationwide Tour Since 2019, Rocking Out at Iconic Venues
From July 21 through August 6, the tour will feature 160 elite musicians from School of Rock’s global network of 335+ schools, allowing audiences the opportunity to witness the next generation of musical stars as they perform at various stages across the country.
- American Kennel Club’s ‘Good Dog TV’ Coming to a Television Screen Near You
AKC Good Dog TV is hosted by noted TV personality Carolyn Manno and features the latest news, current events, and all notable things in the world of dogs, including celebrities and their dogs, training, health, and behavior tips, special interest stories for dog owners, dog shows from around the country, and other American Kennel Club events.
- Gipsy Kings Featuring Tonino Baliardo Announce New Dates for Their “Renaissance” Tour
The renowned band, which has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide, has won two GRAMMY® Awards, in a career that spans more than 30 years, will take the stage in thirteen additional cities starting on Wednesday, October 25, in Tucson, Arizona, finishing in Greensboro, North Carolina, on Sunday, November 12.
- Beyoncé’s dancers Les Twins and the Kids Write Network Unite to Empower Youth and Promote Mental Health Awareness on North America RISE Tour
Les Twins serve as ambassadors of the Kids Write Network. With their profound understanding of KWN’s six-step program, Les Twins reinforce its impact through captivating dance workshops, using body movement as a means to communicate and cope with life’s difficulties.
- CallforEntry Introduces Stories of Creative Connection
Stories of Creative Connection showcases the impact CaFÉ has made, specifically for rural organizations, by facilitating digital connections with artists worldwide. Stories of Creative Connection highlights two rural arts organizations, Galesburg Community Arts Center and The Paseo Project.
- Nebula Mars 3 Projector Begins Shipping: Durable Projector Offers Flexible Usage Indoors Or Outdoors
Not only a powerful projector to use in or around the house in different rooms, but the Mars 3 is the ideal projector to use in the backyard for outdoor movie nights, thanks to the handle with controls and the soft LED “lantern” function on the rear of the projector.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs Officially Launches Empower Global, a Curated Online Marketplace for Black Businesses
The platform provides Black businesses a broader audience reach and empowers consumers to shop the best Black-owned brands in beauty, fashion, art and lifestyle.
- Epidemic Sound launches Soundmatch™ and unveils vision for frictionless AI-powered soundtracking for content creators
Soundmatch leverages a combination of AI and data insight, to deliver better music discovery results and save content creators time: a commodity that is becoming increasingly strained in the evolving social media landscape. It enables them to play their video on the Epidemic Sound platform and get a selection of recommended tracks that fit perfectly with the visual content.
- France Channel, the Largest Streaming Service Celebrating France, French Culture and Entertainment, Debuts on Amazon Prime Video
France Channel is dedicated to championing and celebrating the French lifestyle and history rooted in its culture, starting with providing a diverse range of entertainment content, including original series, films and documentaries with topics ranging from the Arts, travel, food and wine, and French language to fashion, children’s programming and more.
- Academy Award and Three-Time Golden Globe Nominee Eric Roberts Discusses Role in New William Faulkner Documentary
Eric Roberts, narrator and lead actor in “Faulkner: The Past Is Never Dead,” speaks about the life and works of the controversial American writer and Nobel Prize laureate ahead of its international screening at the Galway Film Fleahd.
- Rémy Martin and Grammy Award-Winning Global Superstar Usher Team Up to Celebrate Notes of Life, Music and Cognac in “Life is a Melody” Campaign
Featuring a track from Usher’s highly anticipated new album, the campaign invites music and spirits enthusiasts alike to embark on a harmonious journey where the notes of Rémy Martin and the melodies of life intertwine in perfect harmony.
Read more of the latest entertainment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtertainment on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Write an article about 13 Stories You Need to See